The Cassandra - PDF free download eBook
Looking for file the-cassandra.pdf to download for free? Use our search system and download ebook for computer, smartphone or online reading. Also, you can buy a paper edition of The Cassandra for only $16.00. Links to the on-line stores you'll find on this page.
Details of The Cassandra
- Exact title of book
- The Cassandra
- Book author
- Sharma Shields
- Henry Holt and Co.
- Jan 21, 2020
- PDF, FB2, EPUB, MOBI
- File size (in PDF)
- 2736 kB
Some brief overview of book
Sharma Shields' The Cassandra follows a woman who goes to work in a top secret research facility during World War II, only to be tormented by visions of what the mission will mean for humankind. Mildred Groves is an unusual young woman. Gifted and cursed with the ability to see the future, Mildred runs away from home to become a secretary at the Hanford Research Center in the early 1940s.
Hanford, a construction camp in remote South Central Washington, exists to test and manufacture a mysterious product that will aid the war effort. Only the top generals and scientists know that this product is processed plutonium, for use in the first atomic bombs. Mildred is delighted to be part of a communal effort after a lifetime spent as an outsider.
But her new life takes a dark turn when she starts to have prophetic dreams. As the men she works for come closer to achieving their goals, her visions intensify, and she is forced to make a choice to do nothing, or to summon the courage to question the status quo. This reimagining of the Greek Cassandra myth is based on a real World War II compound that the author researched meticulously.
A timely novel about patriarchy and militancy, The Cassandra looks deep into man's capacity for destruction, and the resolve and compassion it takes to challenge the powerful.
Download The Cassandra as e-book
Press the button get download links and wait a little while. Using file-sharing servers API, our site will find the e-book file in various formats (such as PDF, EPUB and other). One button - all links for download in all e-book formats! Please do not reload the page during the search. A typical file search time is about 15-20 seconds.
Free service that helps find any e-book in automatic mode on private file-servers.
Small FAQ about download
- Book files are stored on servers owned by you?
- No. We do not store files, because it is prohibited. Our site uses the API of third-party sites that store files. That is, we are doing the same thing as Google, only within the framework of one subject. Third-party sites are multimedia services that allow you to read and download e-books. By subscribing, you get access to a huge library of multimedia content, which is updated daily. Services are fully optimized for all platforms - iOS, Android and PC.
- How time will the file be downloaded?
- Very fast. We regularly check (this is a fully automatic process) the availability of servers, the links to which we offer you. If the server does not provide a quick download, then we remove it from the list.
- Which format of file is better to download?
- Modern smartphones and computers can read files of any format. But the most compatible is the PDF format. For example, the the-cassandra.pdf can be read in Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser without any additions.
All downloaded files are checked
Continuous automatic checking and verification of file checksums ensures that there are no viruses or adware. Our system uses several antiviruses at once to fully guarantee the cleanliness of downloaded files.
Buy book with delivery
A real book is always better than an electronic copy. The The Cassandra is available online at leading bookstores. Delivery is possible to the USA, Canada, Great Britain and any other country in the world. The book price and delivery terms may vary depending on the store, carefully check all conditions to choose the best option for you.
A product of ongoing collaborations between the independent bookstore members of the American Booksellers Association, IndieBound is all about independent bookstores and the power of "local first" shopping.
Founded in 1917 as a street corner newsstand in Florence, Books-A-Million, Inc. has grown to become the premier book retailing chain in the Southeastern United States, and the second largest book retailer in the nation.
On Feb 24, 2021 average price