Khirbet Khizeh - PDF free download eBook
Looking for file khirbet-khizeh.pdf to download for free? Use our search system and download ebook for computer, smartphone or online reading. Also, you can buy a paper edition of Khirbet Khizeh for only $14.00. Links to the on-line stores you'll find on this page.
Details of Khirbet Khizeh
- Exact title of book
- Khirbet Khizeh
- Book author
- S. Yizhar
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- Dec 09, 2014
- PDF, FB2, EPUB, MOBI
- File size (in PDF)
- 1296 kB
Some brief overview of book
"Exhilarating . . .
How often can you say about a harrowing, unquiet book that it makes you wrestle with your soul?" Neel Mukherjee, The Times (London) It's 1948 and the Arab villagers of Khirbet Khizeh are about to be violently expelled from their homes. A young Israeli soldier who is on duty that day finds himself battling on two fronts with the villagers and, ultimately, with his own conscience. Published just months after the founding of the state of Israel and the end of the 1948 war, the novella Khirbet Khizeh was an immediate sensation when it first appeared.
Since then, the book has continued to challenge and disturb, even finding its way onto the school curriculum in Israel. The various debates it has prompted would themselves make Khirbet Khizeh worth reading, but the novella is much more than a vital historical document it is also a great work of art. Yizhar's haunting, lyrical style and charged view of the landscape are in many ways as startling as his wrenchingly honest view of modern Israel's primal scene.
Considered a modern Hebrew masterpiece, Khirbet Khizeh is an extraordinary and heartbreaking book that is destined to be a classic of world literature.
Download Khirbet Khizeh as e-book
Press the button get download links and wait a little while. Using file-sharing servers API, our site will find the e-book file in various formats (such as PDF, EPUB and other). One button - all links for download in all e-book formats! Please do not reload the page during the search. A typical file search time is about 15-20 seconds.
Free service that helps find any e-book in automatic mode on private file-servers.
Small FAQ about download
- Book files are stored on servers owned by you?
- No. We do not store files, because it is prohibited. Our site uses the API of third-party sites that store files. That is, we are doing the same thing as Google, only within the framework of one subject. Third-party sites are multimedia services that allow you to read and download e-books. By subscribing, you get access to a huge library of multimedia content, which is updated daily. Services are fully optimized for all platforms - iOS, Android and PC.
- How time will the file be downloaded?
- Very fast. We regularly check (this is a fully automatic process) the availability of servers, the links to which we offer you. If the server does not provide a quick download, then we remove it from the list.
- Which format of file is better to download?
- Modern smartphones and computers can read files of any format. But the most compatible is the PDF format. For example, the khirbet-khizeh.pdf can be read in Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser without any additions.
All downloaded files are checked
Continuous automatic checking and verification of file checksums ensures that there are no viruses or adware. Our system uses several antiviruses at once to fully guarantee the cleanliness of downloaded files.
Buy book with delivery
A real book is always better than an electronic copy. The Khirbet Khizeh is available online at leading bookstores. Delivery is possible to the USA, Canada, Great Britain and any other country in the world. The book price and delivery terms may vary depending on the store, carefully check all conditions to choose the best option for you.
A product of ongoing collaborations between the independent bookstore members of the American Booksellers Association, IndieBound is all about independent bookstores and the power of "local first" shopping.
Founded in 1917 as a street corner newsstand in Florence, Books-A-Million, Inc. has grown to become the premier book retailing chain in the Southeastern United States, and the second largest book retailer in the nation.
On Oct 22, 2020 average price