Down to the Crossroads - PDF free download eBook
Looking for file down-the-crossroads.pdf to download for free? Use our search system and download ebook for computer, smartphone or online reading. Also, you can buy a paper edition of Down to the Crossroads for only $25.00. Links to the on-line stores you'll find on this page.
Details of Down to the Crossroads
- Exact title of book
- Down to the Crossroads
- Book author
- Aram Goudsouzian
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- Feb 10, 2015
- PDF, FB2, EPUB, MOBI
- File size (in PDF)
- 3312 kB
Some brief overview of book
In 1962, James Meredith became a civil rights hero when he enrolled as the first African American student at the University of Mississippi. Four years later, he would make the news again when he reentered Mississippi, on foot. His plan was to walk from Memphis to Jackson, leading a "March Against Fear" that would promote black voter registration and defy the entrenched racism of the region.
But on the march's second day, he was shot by a mysterious gunman, a moment captured in a harrowing and now iconic photograph. What followed was one of the central dramas of the civil rights era. With Meredith in the hospital, the leading figures of the civil rights movement flew to Mississippi to carry on his effort.
They quickly found themselves confronting southern law enforcement officials, local activists, and one another. In the span of only three weeks, Martin Luther King, Jr., narrowly escaped a vicious mob attack; protesters were teargassed by state police; Lyndon Johnson refused to intervene; and the charismatic young activist Stokely Carmichael first led the chant that would define a new kind of civil rights movement Black Power. Aram Goudsouzian's Down to the Crossroads is the story of the last great march of the King era, and the first great showdown of the turbulent years that followed.
Depicting rural demonstrators' courage and the impassioned debates among movement leaders, Goudsouzian reveals the legacy of an event that would both integrate African Americans into the political system and inspire even bolder protests against it. Full of drama and contemporary resonances, this book is civil rights history at its best.
Download Down The Crossroads as e-book
Press the button get download links and wait a little while. Using file-sharing servers API, our site will find the e-book file in various formats (such as PDF, EPUB and other). One button - all links for download in all e-book formats! Please do not reload the page during the search. A typical file search time is about 15-20 seconds.
Free service that helps find any e-book in automatic mode on private file-servers.
Small FAQ about download
- Book files are stored on servers owned by you?
- No. We do not store files, because it is prohibited. Our site uses the API of third-party sites that store files. That is, we are doing the same thing as Google, only within the framework of one subject. Third-party sites are multimedia services that allow you to read and download e-books. By subscribing, you get access to a huge library of multimedia content, which is updated daily. Services are fully optimized for all platforms - iOS, Android and PC.
- How time will the file be downloaded?
- Very fast. We regularly check (this is a fully automatic process) the availability of servers, the links to which we offer you. If the server does not provide a quick download, then we remove it from the list.
- Which format of file is better to download?
- Modern smartphones and computers can read files of any format. But the most compatible is the PDF format. For example, the down-the-crossroads.pdf can be read in Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser without any additions.
All downloaded files are checked
Continuous automatic checking and verification of file checksums ensures that there are no viruses or adware. Our system uses several antiviruses at once to fully guarantee the cleanliness of downloaded files.
Buy book with delivery
A real book is always better than an electronic copy. The Down to the Crossroads is available online at leading bookstores. Delivery is possible to the USA, Canada, Great Britain and any other country in the world. The book price and delivery terms may vary depending on the store, carefully check all conditions to choose the best option for you.
A product of ongoing collaborations between the independent bookstore members of the American Booksellers Association, IndieBound is all about independent bookstores and the power of "local first" shopping.
Founded in 1917 as a street corner newsstand in Florence, Books-A-Million, Inc. has grown to become the premier book retailing chain in the Southeastern United States, and the second largest book retailer in the nation.
On Oct 28, 2020 average price